This person is accountable for retrieving raw material from home locations and delivering it to assembly lines/presses in order to meet production as well as delivering finished goods to the warehouse.
•Performs shift pre-inspections as outlined by Ontario Health and Safety Act (OHSA), on all material handling equipment.
- Ensures material handling equipment and batteries are maintained and charged based on the manufactures guidelines and recommendations, and department standards.
- Ensure all supply racks are filled with raw material.
- Exclusively responsible for moving raw material in and out of the designated rows throughout the plant.
- Based on work order, retrieves correct level parts from home locations.
- Greases specific purchase material prior to taking them to the assembly line.
- Ensure that components, skids, etc., are available to line operators on an as needed basis.
- Remove old labels from empty returnable containers for finished goods.
- Remove scrap, cardboard and garbage from the line area and dispose of it according to procedures provided.
- Ensure product rotation (First in, First out procedure – FIFO), is maintained for all material.
- Focus on supporting the production lines while avoiding excess inventory on line.
- Straightening skids, boxes, and bins throughout the plant, removing labels and debris from empty customer totes.
- Organizes line changeovers in advance and returns all parts and or containers, which are not used, back to the warehouse home locations.
- Placing partial skids back on racks.
- Verify finished goods tote quantity match master label.
- Verify label presence on all finished goods totes and stretch wrap skids when applicable.
- Band skids and deliver to toll gate when applicable.
- (Bradford Specific)
- Back up the Shipper/Receiver.
- Operate Industrial Sit-Down and Reach type forklift and ensure it is in good working order.
- Decanting material from large bins or boxes into totes as required.
•Submits suggestions to the Employee Involvement Program to ensure on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
- Upholds Magna Production System (MPS) principles of standardization and one piece flow.
- Maintains appropriate 5 S standards at all times.
- Customer satisfaction (internal/external)
- Meet all line efficiencies, quality and scrap goals as defined by production.
•No educational requirement.
- Less than 1 year of work related experience.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D) equivalency preferred.
•Forklift and Crane Operator certificates preferred
- Minimum of one year manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be certified on Powered Lift Equipment within 12 weeks.
•Attends to Details
- Communicates Effectively
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Organizes Work
- Results Orientated
- Team – Worker
- Time Conscious
Conditions may cause minor stress or physical discomfort due to limited exposure to elements or frequent exposure to moderately disagreeable internal or external conditions. Typical conditions are such that a minor risk of injury or harmful effect is possible to self or others.