Benefits: Medical Ins. Dental Ins. Vision Ins. Life Ins. Retirement Equity Paid Time Off. This position focuses on personal lines Preferred Automobile and Homeowners insurance products and is based
- Manage one of Kemper’s four largest and most complex states. Analyze performance of products and execute on recommendations necessary to achieve financial goals.
- Develop strategic vision and corresponding business plans for assigned state(s)/region.
- Assist AVP State Management with regional leadership activities. Assist AVP State Management in hiring, coaching and developing employees.
- Manage 1-3 direct reports, depending upon states and candidate’s qualifications.
- Collaborate and communicate with business partners to ensure successful implementations and execution.
- Develop rate and rule pricing proposals for submission to departments of insurance and negotiate for approval to ensure rate adequacy and marketability.
- Lead or participate in regional/national special projects, initiatives or other related work assignments as required/requested.
- Collaborate with business partners across the organization to justify changes to Kemper systems, business practices and/or product offerings with sound analysis and logic, forecasting expected growth and profit impacts.
- Analyze competitive information as well as Company and industry data in consultation with the Regional Sales Managers, Underwriting Managers, Marketing and other appropriate personnel.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in a business-related discipline (mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, insurance or other related discipline preferred).
- 5+ years of Personal and Commercial Lines experience in regional Product Management or National strategy role.
- Experience managing initiatives at the countrywide or multi-state level preferred
- Prior management/leadership experience.
- Strong computer spreadsheet and database skills.
- Strong communication skills – ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; gather information from multiple parties to ensure all perspectives are heard and considered; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas, thoughts, and questions; ability to work with others in effectively negotiating through conflict express one’s self effectively in adversarial and confrontational settings to obtain desired results
- Organizational skills: both time and task skills are required.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations.
- Solid technical skills when it comes to managing auto, home and other lines of business, as well as general CAT management knowledge.
- Leadership skills and strong diplomacy and negotiation skills.