Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Assistant Director in overseeing Information Technology Department matters, including, but not limited to, directing the work of development staff and managing their workflow.
- Assists the Assistant Director in long term project planning and strategy.
- Develops new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Fosters understanding of how different projects interlink and overlap.
- Assigns, coordinates, and reviews work of programming staff.
- Assists the Assistant Director by analyzing computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects.
- Assists the Assistant Director in implementing and monitoring management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory
- Plans, schedules, and directs preparation of programs to process data and solve problems.
- Consults with managerial and systems analysis personnel as well as end users to clarify software program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and instructions required.
- Experience using workflow charts and diagrams (written/digital), as well as written documentation.
- Performs comprehensive testing of programs and applications which may include end user
- Installs programs and applications. Compiles program and application documentation including subsequent revisions.
- Revises or directs revision of existing source programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements (maintenance programming).
- Trains the UFCW computer users to use computer applications.
- Trains subordinates in programming and program instructions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Strictly adheres to maintaining the security of UFCW operations by keeping proprietary and other sensitive information confidential.
- Participates in continuous learning in order to maintain a current skillset.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5-7 years of related work experience. Minimum 5 years of experience writing web applications using modern development techniques.
- A strong background with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates an aptitude in technical management, project management and problem management skills required.
- A proven ability to work with a diversified user community and professionally handle sensitive and/or difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate work and supervise others is required.
- Ability to work under time pressure and to juggle multiple priorities. Ability to work with people under stressful circumstances. Ability to work long and extended hours when needed, including evening and weekends. Travel required.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.